Finn is officially 5 weeks old and today was his first time at church. As you can see, he got all dressed up for the occasion. We really wanted to take him last week, but with church starting at 8 am, it's easier said than done. He ate right before we got him all dressed, we took a few pictures, managed to get ourselves ready, and we were only a few minutes late! He slept all through Sacrament meeting and if our Ward wasn't so loud, I probably would have done the same!
This has been an interesting week because this little guy went from 4 hours between feedings to about 2 or 3 hours. And every minute in between was basically spent crying and screaming. Fortunately for all of us, my mom was here to help. Can I just say that I am incredibly grateful for my mom and all of her help. Without her help this past week, my dishes would be stacked to the ceiling, I would probably be starving to death, and I'm pretty sure that I would have gone completely insane. Not only that, but she gave me that extra boost of confidence with her words of wisdom when she reminded me that I'm not the only mom who has gone through this and that I will actually miss these days when Finn's too big to be held. I know I'm biased, but I really do have the best mom and I can only hope to be as marvelous as her.
Now that I have probably made her cry, I'll move on by saying that I really do love this little guy. He has started smiling (usually when he's pooping, but hey...it's a smile)! He is too adorable for words and I am having a blast watching him grow every day. I also don't want to neglect to mention my husband. He has been very patient with me when I try to keep sleeping when he's nudging me to go feed the baby and when I go to bed at 8 and leave him in charge of getting Finn to go to sleep after he has worked all day. I think the patience he has learned after dealing with me has prepared him to be a very patient and fantastic dad. So, I guess there really is a reason why I am the way I am...



7 comments:
What a little schmoo! I can't wait to meet him in a few weeks!
He is so adorable! Love the church outfit.
What a cutie! Sorry to hear that he's been crying a lot. It definitely is rough. It's always nice to have someone there to offer words of encouragement. Moms are so good for that! And I'm not sure why, but I always felt reassured to know that I wasn't the only one going through it. Good luck and I hope things get better soon and you can get some more sleep! :) What a nice husband to let you get some rest!
Such a cute little boy! Very nice Sunday best I might add :)
You have such a great Mom to help out and tell you just what you need to hear :)
Oh the crying... Brighton started with the craziness at about 2 or 3 weeks... but it didn't last too long. Maybe a month? I tried a billion different things so if you want to talk, just give me a holla.
How cute! Church becomes so much more fun with a baby!! They do grow up fast, so you're mom's right. Try to enjoy every single second!!
Yeah, so I'm a marshmallow that leaks salty tears. Thank you for letting me stay and eat you out of house and home! That night life you guys lead builds a hefty appetite! I love and miss all three of you...but especially that little 'nanner-puss!
xoxo, Mamacita
Aw, you do have a wonderful mom! I can't yet imagine how crazy and wonderful it will all be at the same time! He's so cute in his tie!
Post a Comment