Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Two Guys

After Blake's incredibly sweet post, I have to return the love to both him and Finn. Most people wouldn't believe it, but Blake is the sweetest, kindest, most patient, and most adorable dad I have ever seen. He had to teach me how to swaddle this little guy properly and he can rock this baby to sleep in no time at all. He is such a great help in the middle of the night after feedings and he changed every diaper for the first 3 days while I was restricted to my bed. He is just such a natural at all of this and I am so lucky to have a husband like him.

Now, I have to gloat about my little bundle (actually, "big" bundle). He is just the cutest little thing. I have to smile every time that I look at him. When I was in labor, I was thinking that there is NO WAY that I will ever get pregnant again. I was telling myself that people who have more than one kid are stupid because they willingly go through labor after they've already experienced the misery. Then, the minute that I held him in my arms, I was already convinced that it was all worth it and I could absolutely do it again! I am having such a blast taking care of him. Here's just a little list of the things that I already love about him: he smells soooo good, he always rests his head on his little hand when I'm burping him, he has the cutest little nose, he has gigantic feet with super-long toes, his toes flex back when he's eating a good meal, his hair is super, super soft.

I hope you enjoy our pictures. We'll be taking some more soon since he is already changing so much chunkier every day!




This poor little guy had to be under the lights for his jaundice, but his little sunglasses were so cute!




Here is his going home outfit. We were so excited to finally get him all dressed and take him home. The nurses all loved his shirt...he (and Blake) were quite popular with all the ladies. Yikes, it's already starting!



Right when we got home, we introduced Finn and Molly to each other. She's very interested in him and has lovingly accepted him into our home. She's going to be a great big sister.
And just to emphasize the gratitude that Blake already mentioned, I really want to thank our amazing family and friends. Clint, Andrea, and Bronco took such good care of our little Molly while we were in the hospital. Plus, we have already been treated to so many great, delicious meals. Thank you so much to everyone who has been such a help. We love you guys!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

His outfit is VERY adorable! he's a cutie! I know that the labor and stuff seems so scary, but I hope I feel as you did, and realize its all worth it, it makes me look forward to August, when my little stinker is here! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you guys!! I bet you're the most amazing mom ever!!!

The Peterson's said...

Awww so cute! I love the outfit! Hope everyone is doing well!

Arianna said...

Ms.Holloway you were right, Mrs.Gould is like you! But i mean no disrespect but your a lot better! Finnegan is so handsome!!! I hope you and him are doing well!!! I miss and love you! Arianna ;]

*fr00tl00pz* said...

mrs. holloway,
i miss you CRAZY! school just isn't the same any more! mrs. gould is awesome and she is a GREAT teacher but no offence to her but i still think you are the best teacher that has walked this planet! you must be so blessed to have finnegan in your life now! i love that baby... (even though i haven't seen him or held him yet) he looks just like blake (or mr. holloway) i talked to brother hawkins and he said that he still keeps in touch with you guys and he tells me how much fun he and blake had back in the days! haha... jk (just kidding) your'e not THAT old! everyone at school misses you and every1 is trying to get your blog name out of me! well, i gotta go! i miss you! hope you get rest and have fun with the cutest baby EVER! (that's Finn)! heehee!

-Logan

A Rosie Family said...

Awwww, I love it all. Love that little guy, love Blake's post and love this sweet post too. It is all so true what these little babies do to you. His is adorable! Glad to hear that everyone is doing well and so happy! CONGRATS from the Rosenlof's!!!!!

♥Concerned♥ said...

He is definitely a keeper! Great work, hon'!

Anonymous said...

He is sooo Cute!!! And he is a little chunk. Molly looks like she is holding him in that picture. She will make a great big sister.

LW said...

Liz I'm glad you're doing well. I know exactly what you're talking about, the second you hold that little baby you're hooked!! We are so blessed to have married such great men that help out with the new born..even if it is 2 or 3, or 4am. It'll get easier. Kaia started sleeping 8 hours a night at 6 weeks. And now she goes about 10-12 hours. Enjoy the mid night feedings. It's a special time and it goes VERY fast! Have fun with Finn, and enjoy being a mother!

Betsy said...

Congrats liz- and he's SOO Cute! I was also impressed with all of Blake's nursery/sewing skills- pretty good!!