Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Goin' On a Bear Hunt




I had to give this post that title because Chas kept singing that song the entire time. "Goin' on a bear hunt...I'm not afraid!" And, indeed, he got to go on a "bear hunt" with Ryan, Blake, Carson, and Molly.
This was the first time that I have been camping in about ten years. And, it's the first time I've slept in a tent in about 15 years because I usually got to sleep in a cozy cabin. I have to say that I had an absolute blast and I am looking forward to our next camping trip. I had a tough time with the fact that I had to take a "trip" to go to the bathroom. The bathroom was very close, but in the middle of the night, I had to put on shoes, put on my jacket, get my flashlight, and somehow roll out of the tent...and don't get me started on the smell! Other than that, it was lots of fun!

We got there on Friday night, set up our tent, and joined the rest of the group at the campfire. We had a relaxing Saturday hanging out with Ryan, Tenneal, and the boys. We took a short hike to the lake and took some pictures. Now that we have a blog, there is more of a purpose to take pictures! Blake made some delicious food and he seemed to enjoy the fact that he finally got to use our camping equipment that we've had since we got married. For the most part, Molly had a blast. She just didn't like the fire. But, she LOVED playing with the boys and cuddling with us at night. We hope you enjoy the pictures!


When we were at the lake, Blake kept trying to take pictures of people looking stupid. He would call their name, they would turn and look with a weird expression on their face, and he snapped the picture. When we tried it with me, I was prepared and had this dazzling smile ready for him.



Carson and Chas wanted to cuddle with Molly by the fire and they were more than ready to say "cheese" for this adorable picture.


Here is a good one of Blake looking like a stud with his walkie-talkie. Am I lucky or what?


Gas prices: $3.50/gallon
Campground fees for 2 nights: $28
Taking a picture of a Los Al girl who never camps, who hasn't showered in almost two days, who has no make-up on, and who has serious pregnancy acne on her chin: Priceless!

I was tired and dirty when Blake took this picture on Sunday morning. Plus, I was in the middle of a conversation and I had no idea that Blake was taking a picture. There is a good chance that I will be deleting this picture soon so enjoy it while it lasts!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

You're so cute! :P
You are so the poser! Its funny, in all my pictures of you, you're either smiling and "overly" posing, or talking like in the last one! hahahah. Looks like fun! I didn't get to camp enough this summer, but we need a new tent, the last time we went camping (Lake Powell) we realized that at some point while the tent was in the garage a cat peed on it!!! :( its stinky now.

Anonymous said...

Haha! That last picture looks like something that your dad would have on his desk! You should have it framed for him :) It looks like a great trip. If we ever get any camping equipment, we should all go together!

Tanya said...

Yeah for boys!!! They are so fun....you have to have at least 4 though!!! (Tanya Kanenwisher)

Rachel Garces said...

k, so the blog world is so small. Lauren's sis Rachel here. I saw you guys on betsy's blog. congrats on the upcoming arrival of your baby boy. Glad to see all the los al girls doing so awesome. I would love to keep in touch via blogging with you guys. shoot me an email if you want, my blog is private cuz of the cop thing. djfiveo@yahoo.com
again great to see you doing well.
Rachel Trost Garces

Anonymous said...

Blake! Michelle saw you linked on Milius' blog and we clicked over. Looks as though everything is going well with you and fam. Congrats on being pregnant with a boy. We have two little girls. Anyway, our blog is www.michelleleona.blogspot.com
Hope to hear from you.

-Brandon Peters

Anonymous said...

You still remind me of the 8 yr old Lizzie!

Betsy said...

I LOVE reading your blog... that last picture- that's the liz I remember. Especially because you have your hood on :)