Monday, November 23, 2009

Please Don't Stop the Music

The other night, I was getting a little worried that my son was going to simply be "a bull in a china shop". Anytime he gets his hands on something, he ends up slamming it on the floor or hitting against the wall. He's simply a destructive, loud BOY.

So, I was watching him while he was playing with the toys on his exersaucer. He was pounding and pounding on the buttons that say the animal's name, make their noise, then plays a short song. I just thought to myself, "Here we go again...". Then, I watched a little more closely...and I just about died laughing. He was hitting the buttons non-stop until he got to the turn for the music. He would stop, listen to the whole song (while squealing with glee), then pound and pound again until he got to the music again. Blake and I couldn't stop laughing. This literally went on for half an hour. This has now become a ritual for him and it's pretty much the only reason he'll play with his exersaucer now. So, although it seems far-fetched to some, maybe Blake and I created a musically-inclined child! Ha! We'll see!

Enjoy the video...he kept getting distracted by the camera and I think he was getting a little sleepy at this point!


You'll need to pause the music on our blog music player to hear the video!

Also, I did a couple of "JibJab" videos the other day to get us in the Holiday Spirit. Check them out if you want. The pictures of Blake and me are from our Christmas picture last year, hence the blonde hair and swollen, pregnancy face on me!

http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/vsiBub0gzJgA6lJ72yUC

http://elfyourself.jibjab.com/view/5j60qswezRAnFeg4zDLT

FYI...Finn's first tooth cut through finally! Woo hoo!! I'm a little sad about it, but relieved that he made it!