Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My First Mother's Day

I have been waiting to be able to celebrate this day for a very, very long time. Of course, I tried to get away with saying that I was Molly's mom for the past few years, but most people didn't really let me get away with that. So, let's start with the great presents for my first real Mother's Day...

First of all, my Finn slept for 7 hours straight for the first time! Now, that was a GREAT gift. I only lasted 6 hours before I got up, pumped, and made sure that he was breathing. When I went in there, I noticed a small gift bag in his crib. Apparently, he had snuck out to get his mommy a special gift. I didn't want to open it yet, so I decided to wait until we were all awake in the morning.




When we were all awake, Blake made me breakfast and I opened this beautiful gift...




This beautiful necklace has an amethyst, which is Finn's birthstone. I absolutely love it!

Just as I was thinking that this is a perfect Mother's day, Blake gives me his card and I find this inside....





Yep, that's a ticket to go see "Wicked"!! This will be my 3rd time seeing it. And this time I get to see it with my great friend, Tenneal, because her hubby got her the same gift. I guess our husbands really are thoughtful and very, very sweet!

We also got to enjoy church by listening to Clint and Andrea speak in their ward. They did such an awesome job! After their ward, we went home, rested, and then went to Ryan and Tenneal's for a delicious dinner prepared by Blake and Ryan.

Unfortunately, the big downer of the day was the fact that I had to return to work on Monday. It was such a sad, terrible day. I would never have been able to make it through the day if it wasn't for Melissa and Reese who take such good care of him while I'm with my crazy, obnoxious students all day. Luckily, it's only 6 more days at this point! Yay!


The best present of the day, though, was just the fact that I'm a mom to a wonderful, adorable little boy. He has made me so incredibly happy and has brought such an incredible amount of love into our home. I simply adore this little guy. His smile (with that perfect dimple) melts my heart. I am so thankful for him and his fat, chunky face!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Yay! We are in each other's lives again (I knew our separation wouldn't last). Your little boy is very cute and so is his big sister. It seems so right that you should have a pit bull...

LW said...

I'm so jealous!! I wanted to see wicked so bad! We almost saw it in London, but ended up not going after all. I can't believe you've seen it 3 times, I haven't even seen it once :( have fun!!!!!