This past week was CRAZY (to say the least). It all started on Wednesday when Alex (my best friend of nearly 18 years) came to visit with her mom and her grandmother. They got here quite early that morning to meet Finn for the first time and spend the day with him. We had a really good time drooling over this boy's adorable face and chunky cheeks. I was quite exhausted by the end of the day because these women are pretty crazy and VERY talkative. Alex and her family have always been very entertaining and they certainly didn't leave me disappointed!! I don't have any pictures of them with Finn at the moment...I think Alex has some on her phone, so I'll try to post those very soon!
Then on Wednesday evening as Alex and her family were leaving, Sandi and Shannon came by with Drake and Sloane so we could finally meet Sloane and Shannon could meet Finn. I am absolutely in love with this little girl. It is not even funny how beautiful she is (see the pics below)! She almost doesn't look real because she is just so perfect. I kind of already knew that Finn was a heffer, but he looked gigantic next to Sloane!
Thursday was an exciting day because Finn had his 2 month check-up. I was very anxious to get his new stats: Height: 25 inches, Weight: 14 lbs, 5 oz., Head: 16 1/4 inches. The doctor was quite impressed with his height and weight. I was kind of expecting it since Blake is over 6 feet and so is my dad. I predict that my little guy will be taller than me by 5th grade!
By Friday night, we had all sorts of people in town. All of the Holloways were here and my parents flew in as well. Then, on Saturday, Gerald, Danyelle, and Hannah arrived. We got everyone together to go to Basha pool. We had such a fun time. The kids were in the water all day, and Finn was exhausted by the end of the day from playing in the pool and getting passed around to everyone. We went over to Kevin and Melissa's for a BBQ that night and ate some delicious food.
Finally, it was Sunday - Finn's big day. We had the blessing at our home after church. It was really fun to get him in his little white outfit, wrap him in his white blankie, and hand him over to his daddy for his blessing. I was already losing it before Blake said a word. Just watching all of these great men from our family gather in a circle to bless this little guy was such an amazing experience. Blake did an incredible job and had some beautiful things to say to his little son. It was a great day and it was sad to see everyone go. We hope that everyone had a great weekend and we want to thank everyone again for traveling to be here and helping us out! Here are some pictures from the big day:
Here are the men from the blessing. Note: my dad did wear a white shirt and tie, but he managed to change before we took the picture!
Grandpa and Grandma Holloway with all of their grandchildren!
This is our attempt at getting all of the cousins in a picture together. It was quite the interesting experience! Right when you got one kid to stop crying, another one would start...I'm sure most parents can relate.
Gerald, Hannah, and Danyelle...Hannah and Reese are new best friends. They had so much fun together!
Blake and Shannon decided to take a picture with Finn and Sloane next to each other to see the size difference. Finn is only one day older than Sloane...are you kidding me??



4 comments:
It sounds like you all had so much fun. I LOVE getting all the cousins together. It's nice that all the cousins on both sides live in Utah. Both Gabe and Nick's family are within 15 minutes so we get together all the time. I'm so happy to hear things are going well! You'll have to let me know when you plan to be in CA next, just in case I happen to be visiting too...it would be great to see you and meet Finn.
Take care!
The family is definitely getting bigger! It's amazing that Finn and Sloane are only one day apart, they are two completely different sizes!
Reese looks huge next to all the other babies. How fun for grandpa grandma holloway
So fun! Such a big boy!! that little girl is so beautiful!
Post a Comment