Sunday, February 1, 2009

38 Weeks Down, 2 To Go...

I am officially 38 Weeks and this little boy has made a comfy little bed on my bladder. I promise that I'm not complaining because I have had a great pregnancy! Here is a picture of me from the other day. I was modeling my new Target pajamas and Blake decided to take a picture so everyone can see my big belly. I think it's getting smaller as he continues to drop lower and lower...and for those who are wondering, my waist is now 43 inches.


Also, now that we are getting closer to the due date, we have been working very hard at getting the nursery completely ready. Clothes have been washed, folded, and put in the correct drawers (that pretty much sums up what I have done for the nursery). Now, let me tell you and show you what my husband has been doing. Those of you who know Blake know that he is quite particular and very, very picky. A nursery with the basic baby blue or pastel colors would NEVER be good enough for him or his son. I would be perfectly fine with that, so HE took over. He wanted to have a pirate theme, which I think was his excuse to have skulls, black, and gray in his kid's room. However, he really surprised me with his hard work and great ideas. Here is the end result:

These curtains were sewn by HIM.



He found this dresser on Craigslist, painted it black, and added the skulls and crossbones.



The walls (painted exclusively by him) were first painted in a light yellow, then covered with a faux paint to look like a treasure map. To top it off, he ordered this treasure map to tie it all together.



And, finally, the crib...yes, he did the bumper pads himself.




Some may think he's a little on the "metro" side, but I think he's already an awesome dad. Plus, he's a great husband because he did this all himself. And, I will always remember how hilarious it was to see him sitting in front of my sewing machine with the measuring tape draped over his shoulders as he created this nursery a little bit at a time. I love you, Cakies!!

12 comments:

Danielle said...

That is SOO adorable and SO awesome! Good job Blake! Maybe he can come do mine next!! Or teach Rob! :P

♥Concerned♥ said...

Husbands are the best! I still cannot get over Josh and my sewing machine as he altered Gwennie's halloween costume at midnight on the 30th!!

Anonymous said...

I have to say WHOA! That is great he can do that. Little weird for a newborn thyme, but he will grow into it without change. You go Blake!!!

Jackie said...

I think your nursury is AWESOME. Tell Blake he did a freakin dang good job!

Krystal said...

You look great... you're all belly! The nursery looks amazing too! I am soooo jealous and wish Derek would've wanted to do that stuff like Blake did. I love it!

LW said...

Your nursery is so cute! We love pirates...long story.
I can't believe you are at 38 weeks!! You could pop any day now!! It's so exciting when you are this close Liz. And when you go into labor, it seems crazy to say - but it's exciting because you know the end is near, and you'll have your little baby so soon. I look back on when we drove to the hospital at 5am, and I was so happy, and nervous and excited. I'm so happy for you. Good luck!

The Peterson's said...

I LOVE IT! And I love that he did it all by himself. Good Luck!

A Rosie Family said...

Very impressive... who knew! Blake you are the man!

And Liz, you look fantastic! Hope you are feeling as good as you look! Can't wait to see that little man!

karen said...

Mrs. Holloway your belly is really big. But you still look BEUTIFUL as always!
i could't belive me, antanette and chantel din't get to see you on tusday.I MISS YOU :(
LOVE
KAREN

karen said...

WE MISS YOU
you are soo beautiful and GORGEOUS
you're the best teacher we ever have.
LOVE
karen, antanette and chantel

*fr00tl00pz* said...

hey mrs. holloway! its logan! brittney and i will miss you SOOO much! love ya! bye mrs.holloway, blake, molly and BRODY!!! (name him that)!

Arianna said...

Ms. Holloway you were and still are my favorite teacher! And of course i will remember you when i am famous how could i not. I will miss you a lot!!!!!!! On monday at school it wont feel as great without you there :( Dont you forget about us.... Also Dont forget to call me :) I love you ms. Holloway!! Have fun with the new baby (gavin or brody).
Love,
Arianna Russell