Over this weekend, I had the wonderful privilege of going to some of my dad's softball games. He is in a senior softball league and often travels with his team. Every now and then, they will make their way out to the Phoenix area, and I'll get to go watch him play. I took Friday off of work (partially because I was REALLY sick of some of my students but mainly because I wanted to see lots of his games). It was pretty funny when I was looking around because I cannot believe how many men have moustaches! I thought my dad was one of the few, but that tournament seemed like moustache headquarters.
Anyway, my dad is a very talented athlete. In fact, when he's batting, he will often be walked because he's well-known as a home run hitter. I really enjoyed watching his games and having some peaceful, quiet time to myself. Blake and Molly also joined me on Saturday to one of his games and we had a great time.
I'm very impressed with how athletic he is at his old age (ha ha). I was talking to one guy at one of his games on Friday and he commented that my dad "looks young for such an old guy". I think that is very well said! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera on both days so you'll just have to take my word for it. More than anything, though, it was nice to spend some time with him, get some free lunches, and get some baby stuff as well. And, it's always great to see him fall asleep within 3 minutes of sitting down on the couch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
hahaha, Uncle Dave!! That's cool that they played down there and you got to see him. Its funny that you were looking for "the guy with a mustache" I'd think you'd look for the "REALLY tall guy towering over everyone".
Like Danny I would have looked for the tall guy. It is great you got to see him play, and spend time with him. And the sleeping thing thats the old guy coming out!
Post a Comment